I for one have not jumped over to iPhone but for those gardeners out there who have an iPhone you now can merge your love for gardening with your iPhone, iTunes has a nice selection of apps to help you identify plants and design and grow better gardens. Some of these apps will also work on the iPod Touch. Below is a list to help you in your quest to have more info at your finger tips.
For those of you who are using Android I’m told there is a growing collection of apps to help with your gardening as well.
- Eden Garden Designer lets you create and share beautiful virtual gardens on your iPhone or iPod touch.
- Gardening Toolkit – the easy way to garden!
- Botany Buddy – The ultimate tree and shrub guide for gardeners, professionals, educators, and nature lovers.
- Wild Edibles provides an intuitive and easy to use interface for identifying and using wild edible plants, drawing on the outstanding publications and extensive knowledge of “Wildman” Steve Brill.
- The Plant Doctor – Do you know the number one killer of house plants? Starvation. There’s just not enough sunlight coming through
- Bugs and Insects – Database of over 900 common bugs and insects (with a special emphasis on butterflies, which has over 400 entries). Many varieties of ants, spiders, cockroaches, beetles, moths, butterflies, and more for your personal interest, and also to help identify pests around the home and garden.