This weekend is a perfect time to get out and about, the temps have fallen and the flowers and shrubs are waiting for you to visit. This week I’m listing 5 public gardens in Vermont.
- Labour of Love Landscaping, in Glover VT. this is a commercial nursery that includes tours … Labour of Love offers more than the typical small nursery; display gardens, tours, gift and craft shop, 30 varieties of homemade jams and jellies (from local fruits), handwoven articles of apparel and for the home. And more..
- Ethan Allen Homestead Museum in Burlington, VT. A short drive from downtown Burlington, the Homestead offers hands-on history, spectacular scenery, and riverside picnic areas and walks. The Homestead provides a genuine slice of 18th century life, and an intimate look at Vermont’s most colorful – and controversial founder.
- Vermont Wildflower Farm in Charlotte, VT. Our gardens and woodlands are open to the public from May through late October each year from 10am – 4:30pm. The paths are marked with signage that corresponds with the garden guide handout.
- Hildene in Manchester, VT. The Lincoln Family home has 420 on acres. Each year Hildene’s staff and volunteers welcome thousands of guests daily to the Lincoln home, grounds and walking trails. We can accommodate scheduled guided tours, self-guided tours, group tours and school groups.
- Billings Farm & Museum in Woodstock, VT. Billings Farm & Museum presents Vermont farm life as history, science, traditional culture, and human interaction with the environment through a variety of exhibits and audio/visual presentations