We are lucky here in the Northeast when it comes to abundant water and unlike many parts of the country we rarely experience drought or rationing of water as they do in many other parts of the country.
I thought I would bring up this topic since we are heading into the July and August hot weather when we use lots of water not only to keep us healthy and happy but also to keep our prized landscaping healthy and happy.
I came across an article from an online paper located in Ala and thought I’d share some of the thoughts about water savings with you. In the article they ask a number of questions that may be something we can ponder as we go about our week.
• Why do we flush toilets with clean drinking water?
• Why do we not capture and recycle rainwater off buildings?
• Why do we over-irrigate our lawns to the point of runoff or right after a thunderstorm?
• Why do we spend money on bottled water when the tap is already paid for?
• Why do we trash up roadsides leading to streams and eventually lakes and groundwater — our sources of drinking water?