I know it’s still August but try as we might to deny it Labor day is just around the corner and then the Autumn colors will little by little start to creep in.
It’s time to pack the car and visit some of the beautiful and fun happenings right in your backyard. Who knows you might find the perfect landscaping idea or item to make your home complete.
- Monday Sept, 27 is the kickoff day for the Fall Foliage Festival in Vermont’s North eat Kingdom. For over 50 years this week long celebration has featured crafts, church suppers, concerts and historical tours that take place in a new town everyday for 6 days. Check out their website.
- Manchester Vermont holds its annual Hildene Fall Arts Festival starting on Oct. 3rd and it continues through Oct, 5th. There will be over 200 jury selected artists and artisans displaying and selling their creations. It is sure to be fun for all.
- October 9-10, 2010, Sunday River Ski Resort, Newry, Maine beings together wagon rides, concerts, crafts, wine tastings and a taste of Maine food festival. It is sure to be a blast.
- For lovers of beer and ale Newport Rhode Island has its seaside Oktoberfest taking place Oct 9-11th. Besides the beer there will be endless food and music for your enjoyment.
- Wellfleet Ma hosts its annual OysterFest on Oct 16th and 17th. As the name suggests this festival is about seafood, but there is so much more happening for kids and adults alike.