Mothers day is on it ways shortly, one nice things to do for that day is to visiting a public garden. Today just happens to be National Public Gardens day across the U.S. and to help celebrate I thought I would share a list of ten public gardens you might want to visit. All these beautiful public gardens are admission free.
Public gardens are not only a great relaxing place to spend the day at they also are wonderful fountains of imagination for ideas for your own landscaping projects. Every planting and design you come across may be the one thing you have been looking for as you have put together your personal expression in your yard.
- The Denver Botanic Gardens: Denver, CO
- Lauritzen Gardens: Omaha, NE
- The Sarah P. Duke Gardens: Durham, NC
- Dawes Arboretum: Newark, OH
- Descanso Gardens: La Canada Flintridge, CA
- Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden: Coral Gables, FL
- Brooklyn Botanic Garden: Brooklyn, NY
- Tyler Arboretum: Philadelphia, PA
- Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center: Austin, TX
- The Desert Botanical Garden: Phoenix, AZ
Originally this list appeared in the Huffington Post.