The main entrance to your home is what people see first and may be something you don’t think about as you go about your landscaping. Many homeowners enter their homes through the backyard or the garage and rarely see the front entrance up close.
Guests and relatives arrive at the front door sometimes having a minute to look around why they wait and they see everything. Maybe it’s time to create an entrance that says “welcome to our home.” Make sure you include the front entrance in your landscaping plans, and just for fun use the front door from time to time.
The Quick Five
- Polish or paint the door handle and hinges or if it’s really in bad shape replace it.
- Give the railings a deep sanding and painting. If you don’t have railings think about getting some.
- Paint the door with a new color that stands out from the house. You might think about a new door altogether, maybe one with and unusual design or texture.
- Take a look at those steps, pretty grungy concrete huh? Think brick or stone replacements.
- Add an small roof over the door that maybe juts our 4 feet from the house, it will make the entrance cozy as well as distinctive.