Here in New England it seems we just get used to saying the word “summer” and then it’s gone, moved to a new neighborhood before we could even blink or catch our breath. But there are benefits to living where the four seasons are completely different from one another and that benefit is that we get to be in the middle of those changing seasons enjoying each one for its beauty and its uniqueness.
Yankee magazine has an interactive page on their website that tracks the progression of the Fall Colors here in the northeast. The page is updated by volunteer foliage ambassadors from around the Northeast who report what is going on in their area. Yankee Foliage is a unique and fun tool not only for the tree peepers as the tourists are called but also for all of us who live here and also love to check out the autumn colors.
There are some interesting and fun ways to take in all the colors and sweet smells of autumn when your visiting the Northeast or if you are a resident and are looking for something new to do.
- Berkshire Scenic Railway offering wonderful rides through scenic Western MA.
- Mystic Seaport Museum Offering a fall foliage tour along the canals Oct 9th
- Rochester & Genesee Valley Railroad Tour upstate NY from an old train
- Mount Washington Cog Railway See the foliage from on top the White Mountains
- Acadia National Park It could not get better then this, visit soon